Tuesday, November 25, 2008

K-I-S-S-I-N-G

Okay, so I watched J&K+8 last night . . . ho hum . . . it wasn't that great . . . the people over at GWOP (that's Gosselins With Out Pity people) are having a field day about how many times Kate said "I'm irritated" . . . and it was a bit over the top . . . she hardly does anything it seems except get irritated or annoyed . . .

Anywho . . . I was staying up late to finish a few projects I'm working on . . .

What came on TLC next was "The Duggar" family . . . this is the family with 17 kids and one on the way . . . they have very conservative values, watch very little TV, restrict their internet use to nearly nothing, home-school their kids and continue to have as many kids as God blesses them with . . .

Okay, I can go with most of that . . . I respectfully disagree with some of their opinions, but hey that's what makes the world go round . . .

Then I saw a little snippet on the side of how they view dating . . . this family does not believe in dating . . . they believe that God will lead them to their life-long mate . . . okay I'm not sure about all that . . . but then there was this . . .

They do NOT believe in pre-marital kissing or pre-marital alone time . . . !!! . . . . really, you gotta be kidding me? right?

I mean I will not open the can of worms of pre-marital sex, believe what you want . . .

But pre-marital kissing . . . it's just a kiss and who knows maybe you've just agreed to marry one of the frogs you're SUPPOSE to kiss before your Prince Charming . . . . and zero alone time . . . this is something I'm very much against . . . I know for sure that I'm way different around my family than I am when Hubby and I are alone and he is the different as well . . . I just don't think it's a good idea to have two people committ to life-long marriage . . . . "until death do we part" to someone they have never kissed or spent any alone time with . . . .

My Hubby and I both dated different people before getting together . . . but I think that's the way it was suppose to happen . . . I needed to go through a few frogs to realize what a great guy Hubby is . . . and I'm thinking it was the same for him . . . and I still remember our first kiss and how electric it was and how it made me realize that I was falling for him . . . And the alone time . . . the snuggling and laughing and mushy things we said . . . I can't imagine having to wait for all of that . . . and what if you didn't choose the right person . . .

oh . . . they would so dissaprove of my history . . . and my internet usage . . . oh well . . .

2 comments:

  1. They would so disapprove of my history also.

    Anddddddd the first kiss from my husband, WOW Weeeeeee ........ never been anything else like it.

    Have a great evening !

    ReplyDelete
  2. First - thanks for stopping by my blog today! Hope you have a great Secret Santa as well!!!

    Now - I saw this too & was SHOCKED!!! First thing that came to mind for me... I've kissed some HORRIBLE kissers before - how horrible would that be to have your wedding kiss be some horrible, sickning experience! And you are so right about the alone time.

    And what happens after someone PROPOSES to you - you just HUG? Not even a peek on the cheek? Something just seems odd about that!

    ReplyDelete