Monday, November 24, 2008

I saw it . . .

and I'm not happy about it at all . . . and I'm filling this post with spoiler's . . . sorry . . .

I say the movie Twilight . . .

and I'm so disappointed . . .

Where's the love people . . . where's that feeling of "I can't live without you!"

What happened to the book? Did the actors/producers/directors/whatever read it . . . did they love the book? Did they reread it a few times and really examine each word our dear Stephenie Meyer chose . . . did they?!?!

Oh, I do want to say the sound was GREAT so, Marshall, did a great job . . . promise . . . I stayed until we saw his name and did a little "woohoo" for him . . . . (Julie's husband Marshall is a re-recording mixer, so he put all the sound effects in the movie)

What disappointed me was . . . that . . . . the movie wasn't the book . . . and I know that my imagination and my imagery might be different than yours, but come on . . . .

Bella has a cell phone? What!?

She "Googled" things . . . can you say corporate sponsor . . .

She's not half as clumsy as we want her to be . . .

And I really thought we were going to have more of her narrating throughout the movie . . . . arghh!

And Edward . . . I want to love you, man, I really do . . . but what's with the make-up? I mean eye make-up, not the "make your skin look white" make-up (I get that), but lipstick, really?

Rosalie, Emmette, Alice, Esme . . . you are all great . . . I think you captured the character . . . Alice needs a slightly lighter voice and she needs to dance more . . . but you guys are in the clear . . .

Jasper . . . what's with the hair . . . really . . . brush it, with a comb . . . you are supposed to be one of the beautiful people and I could think was wash your hair (with conditioner maybe) and give it a good comb . . .

Dr. Carlisle . . . oh I had high hopes for you too . . . and not-so-much in reality . . . your face was too structured, I needed a friendlier face . . .

Okay Charlie, the dad, is great . . . I think he was shown properly and did a good job of keeping true to the movie

Renee . . . whatever . . .

The thing was, the movie was dark to me . . . has anyone seen the move "Thirteen" . . . I was reminded of the jumpy, not steady filming while watching this movie . . . (okay, while finding the link for the movie "Thirteen" I realized they were both directed by the same woman Catherine Hardwicke . . . I don't think I like you Catherine Hardwicke . . . no not at all)

Also, what's the deal with adding/subtracting scenes . . . . oh I really want to remake this movie, who's with me?!

I want the meadow to be an actual meadow . . . . I want to see more of Edward and Bella falling in love . . . I want to see the dinner scene in Port Angeles followed word by word to the tee . . . I want Bella to drink two cokes . . .

I just want the movie to follow the book . . . is that too much to ask for?

Oh and Tiffany mentioned this, but I totally agree . . . what's with his skin in the sunlight . . . totally not what I thought it would be . . . I want amazing and what I got was totally not amazing, it was blah . . .

Is Edward blah? No I don't think so . . .

Okay, I really could go on and on . . . but just know . . . if you are expecting a movie that is the book . . . prepare yourself to be disappointed . . . if you are expecting a movie with references from the book, you'll love it . . .

Don't worry Bella and Edward . . . I still love you two! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this yet but am going tonight. Looking forward to being able to make my own judgements. I am glad to have read yours. I hope it helps me keep my expectations down so I am not disappointed. It's amazing how each of our imaginations interpret the same words isn't it? Would be fun to have a contest to see the best received movie out of 3 versions of the same book on film. Make sense? Thanks for stopping by my SITS day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that there was a lot of straying from the book. And the skin glittering scene, he just kinda looked sweaty. I think it was hard to tell why they were in love cause we weren't inside their heads like in the book. There were a lot of weird and awkward parts, really. But I have to say I still kinda enjoyed it.
    I like your blog, btw :)

    ReplyDelete