Tuesday, October 28, 2008

His eyes

Last night I was holding my baby . . . my sweet, sweet baby

He didn't want to fall asleep . . . too much going on with Daddy and Mommy talking

I just rocked him back and forth and patted him on the back until he calmed down . . . and I was amazed that all he wanted was his Mama's attention all to himself

Then we layed down, me on my back and my son on my chest (on his tummy) . . . so snuggly and happy . . .

I looked down at him and he stared at me . . . with these "grown-up" eyes . . . he aged years in a second and I felt like I was looking into the eyes of a toddler . . .

His eyes shifted up, down, left, right . . . all over . . . as if he was studying my face . . . and I just soaked in the warmth of his look . . . he has already mastered the "melt your heart with one look" look . . . at only a few months old . . . he's gonna be trouble I can tell already . . . .

We were both locked into this embrace and looking at each other . . time stood still . . all was quiet . . . it was only me and him in the universe . . .

He looked so wise, so knowing, so happy . . . I half expected him to say "I love you Mama" . . . instead I got a baby babble of coos . . . music to my ears . . .

I knew right then, right there . . . he loves me and I love him . . . I've known that for a while, but there was something magic about this look about this moment in time . . . someone sewed our hearts together and we both just felt it at the same time . . . .

I love you baby . . . forever and ever . . . . no matter what . . . I will love you through the good, the bad, the hard, the sad, all of it . . .

And you will always know that you are loved by me . . . . your Mommy . . .

2 comments:

  1. Awww! So sweet. These are the moments that stay with us mommies forever!

    Welcome to SITS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey fellow SITS girl! Your name was ahead of mine on roll call today! What a sweet moment to share!

    ReplyDelete