Monday, December 1, 2008

A what in a what . . . .

So I went shopping at the Mall on Saturday with my 17 year old cousin, my sister and my son . . .

It wasn't that hectic, thankfully . . .

But I got a rude awakening!!!

What has happened to fashion lately . . . . seriously . . .

Since when did "GAP" mean "OLD"?????

Since when did 17 year olds have to look like hookers . . . . cheap hookers at that???

Case in point . . . we went to a new store in our Mall . . . "G" by Guess . . . . I remember the Guess jeans from my youth (which I guess is a lot farther back then I would have hoped) . . .

I could NOT believe what was in the store . . . .

wait for it . . .

a DJ . . . .

there was a DJ in a store

there was a DJ in a store inside the Mall . . . .

there was a DJ in a store inside the Mall of a pretty conservative city in Retirementville, FL . . .

no, seriously . . . . I'm not joking

is a DJ necessary? really?

Oh and he was "spinnin" some "cool tracks" . . . . while we shopped in Hookers R Us . . . or "G" by Guess . . . whatever . . .

I was only oh so happy that my cousin agreed that none of the clothes were her "thing" or "style" . . . because all I could imagine was my Aunt giving me a really hard time for bringing home some of these "clothing" items . . . (even though this is the same Aunt who once gave me a vibrator for christmas, again no joke, I still don't think she would appreciate a backwards "Pretty Woman" shopping spree . . . from innocent to Hooker in 60 seconds flat)

We all got a good chuckle out of the DJ . . . oh and did you know the new word "Jorts" . . . that's short for Jean shORTS people . . . I couldn't make this up if I tried . . . that's what the DJ was wearing . . . Jorts . . . ha!

Then while perusing racks at another store . . . I got a look at what some girls wear out of the house . . . all I will say is this . . . I neither had the body nor the courage to wear those clothes . . . . ever . . . in my life . . .

oh I feel old . . . really really old . . .

2 comments:

  1. Seriously? A DJ???? OH MY!!!!!

    And I agree - they made Kids look soooo grown up now with the clothes that are out there.. at least in our day - Guess jeans covered up the whole butt - & didnt show a crack when you leaned over.... aahh - the good ole' days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shut up, there seriously was not a DJ in the store?!?!

    ReplyDelete